MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
N9 breakdown after reset.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> MeeGo Harmattan
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deixi
Site supporter
Site supporter

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
1 in 1 posts
Thanks given: 3

Phone: Nokia N9 , Jolla and I hate it

PostPosted: Tuesday, 08.Sep.2015 18:39    Post subject: N9 breakdown after reset.   Reply with quote   

Dear N9 users!

I am having serious troubles with my beloved Noki N9 and wonder if anyone of you can help me.
A few weeks ago my N9 started to loose contact to its internal facebook client, i had to retype my Name and account again and again but it did not recognize me.
So I thought; as a person which is not in computrers at all; to do a complete reset.
I thougt it is save because I have all datas stored in my Google account.
After I did this, I narturally I lost all my contacts. But since then I have no chance at all any more to enter my Google account either.
It comes unknown error, Try again later.
When I try to enter facebook over the regular internet client it says my name or secretcode are wrong.
Last but not least, I cannot even enter developer mode any more because it says me there are datas missing which I have to download. When I try to download them it says connection is interrupted to the provider of the missing 1.48+0m6 is interrupted.
Did Mike Rosoft suceed destroying my phone complete or does anyone hava a idea how I can recover my beloved N9?
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1088 in 693 posts
Thanks given: 285

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Wednesday, 09.Sep.2015 23:36    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Due to Nokia servers being down, the package needed for the Developer Mode cannot be downloaded automatically as it was when Nokia was still alive. Fortunately, there are multiple other places where this package can still be found, including e.g. OpenRepos:

https://openrepos.net/content/koenigseggccgt/developer-mode

But from there the packages need to be downloaded and installed manually, which I had no opportunity to try so far, so I don't know if it will work without problems. Please check people's posts there. From what I could see, some of them report that the packages still cannot be installed due to missing dependencies, but at the same time others post some possible solutions to get it to work, e.g. this one:

https://openrepos.net/comment/9547#comment-9547

Please also read the information about "N9 RepoMirror"

https://openrepos.net/content/ancelad/n9-repomirror

which is said to be replacing Nokia's (now killed by Microsoft) system repositories, so at least theoretically it should be providing all the required dependencies for system packages like the developer mode one...

However, as I wrote, I had no opportunity to try it myself so far, so I can't be of much further help. Please read all the users' comments posted on the pages linked above as they may contain further useful information and steps needed to get it to work.

Unfortunately, Microsoft has done everything to kill Harmattan and leaving it without any further support. For which they should be cursed and their products avoided as much as possible by every former Nokia fan and happy user.
deixi
Site supporter
Site supporter

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
1 in 1 posts
Thanks given: 3

Phone: Nokia N9 , Jolla and I hate it

PostPosted: Thursday, 10.Sep.2015 22:53    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Michal Jerz wrote:
Due to Nokia servers being down, the package needed for the Developer Mode cannot be downloaded automatically as it was when Nokia was still alive. Fortunately, there are multiple other places where this package can still be found, including e.g. OpenRepos:

https://openrepos.net/content/koenigseggccgt/developer-mode

But from there the packages need to be downloaded and installed manually, which I had no opportunity to try so far, so I don't know if it will work without problems. Please check people's posts there. From what I could see, some of them report that the packages still cannot be installed due to missing dependencies, but at the same time others post some possible solutions to get it to work, e.g. this one:

https://openrepos.net/comment/9547#comment-9547

Please also read the information about "N9 RepoMirror"

https://openrepos.net/content/ancelad/n9-repomirror

which is said to be replacing Nokia's (now killed by Microsoft) system repositories, so at least theoretically it should be providing all the required dependencies for system packages like the developer mode one...

However, as I wrote, I had no opportunity to try it myself so far, so I can't be of much further help. Please read all the users' comments posted on the pages linked above as they may contain further useful information and steps needed to get it to work.

Unfortunately, Microsoft has done everything to kill Harmattan and leaving it without any further support. For which they should be cursed and their products avoided as much as possible by every former Nokia fan and happy user.

Thank you, for the info.
I am thinking as you, so I am using Ubuntu since two years. Even when it is rather hard for users without computer skills. But I am not running Mike Rosoft, and never will again if I am able to avoid it.
regards from Vienna
deixi
alexpain
Site supporter
Site supporter

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
20 in 19 posts
Thanks given: 47

Phone: N9, wave8500

PostPosted: Wednesday, 16.Sep.2015 08:53    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Here is another guide I have used after flash my N9 to recover almost all its functionalities:

http://beunlike.com/comment-retrouver-aujourdhui-son-n9-sans-nokia/

I hope it will help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> MeeGo Harmattan All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic