MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
New Sailfish OS 2.0 (1.1.9.28) available for early access

Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Jolla Sailfish OS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1096 in 698 posts
Thanks given: 286

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Wednesday, 14.Oct.2015 01:14    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

The Jolla is overall a nice device, and SFOS 2.0 is a good OS. It's biggest flaw (that Jolla does not care to do anything about) is lack of native apps, so be prepared to have to use mostly Android ones...

The following users say THANKS! for this post: Camelus

Kleuter
Site supporter
Site supporter

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
31 in 22 posts
Thanks given: 13

Phone: Jolla, Iphone, E90, E71, 6310i, N900, BB.

PostPosted: Wednesday, 14.Oct.2015 22:39    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

It sometimes is a little slow.... I do not think I would recommend buying it. You may be better of waiting for one of these Indian devices (if it comes).
Casanunda
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
52 in 48 posts
Thanks given: 323

Phone: n900, Jolla

PostPosted: Wednesday, 28.Oct.2015 15:34    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

And now the "real" Sailfish OS 2.0 ist out for early access users:

[release notes] 2.0.0/Saimaa [early access]

As always, I'm waiting for release to general public since I use my Jolla as main device.

Seems like there have been quite a lot of changes under the hood thar are not as clearly visible as the new UI, but should help boost performance.

The following users say THANKS! for this post: Michal Jerz

naytsyrhc
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
43 in 43 posts
Thanks given: 115

Phone: History [/// R380s, SE P800, SE P910i, SE M600i, Nokia E71, Nokia N9, Jolla 1], Current [Sony Xperia X Compact SFOS]

PostPosted: Wednesday, 04.Nov.2015 17:41    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:
is lack of native apps, so be prepared to have to use mostly Android ones...

I wouldn't say that. The only apps that I can't run natively (because there is no native one) or which I use android ones for because the functionality is better are:
-navigation app (here maps) because the native one doesn't support turn-by-turn navigation/voice guidance/offline support
-some games
-an app for buying public transport tickets for my city
-an app to access carsharing cars (car2go/drivenow)

All other apps like e.g.
-mail
-owncloud synchronisation
-calendar
-xmmpp chat
-media playback
-browsing
-note-taking
-photo
-sports tracking
-vpn
-etc.

I use native apps and often those apps are quite good. In fact there is nothing I miss (except for Michal's ISS Tracker and Streetview app that have been available for N9 Wink )...
naytsyrhc
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
43 in 43 posts

Phone: History [/// R380s, SE P800, SE P910i, SE M600i, Nokia E71, Nokia N9, Jolla 1], Current [Sony Xperia X Compact SFOS]

PostPosted: Wednesday, 04.Nov.2015 17:44    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:

It sometimes is a little slow.... I do not think I would recommend buying it. You may be better of waiting for one of these Indian devices (if it comes).

I can't confirm that. I recently used an android device (samsung) with better hardware (no flagship device like nexus 5 though) and performance of the Jolla was much better, probably it's because of samsungs touchwiz ui.
naytsyrhc
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
43 in 43 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 04.Nov.2015 23:27    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Casanunda wrote:
And now the "real" Sailfish OS 2.0 ist out for early access users:
As always, I'm waiting for release to general public since I use my Jolla as main device.

I installed it and have no problems at all. The transition to 2.0 now really is done and some minor missing things have been fixed. There is no real difference to see between 1.1.9.28 and 2.0.0.10 but I know there has been done a lot.

Main new feature is the events view controls and config of it alongside the new settings menu layout with removed shortcuts (moved to formentioned events page)
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1096 in 698 posts
Thanks given: 286

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Thursday, 12.Nov.2015 11:00    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

The OS is really nice.

But so what if ANY promotion and developer support are still missing completely, and don't seem to EVER be coming.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Jolla Sailfish OS All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic