MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
The End?

Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Jolla Sailfish OS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts
Thanks given: 113

Phone: N9, N900, E90, 9300i, 9300, 9210

PostPosted: Wednesday, 25.May.2016 17:55    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Jolla Tablet refund update, see blog post:

Quote:
Jolla Tablet refund updatet

Dear Jolla Tablet contributor,

As we have received again quite a lot questions and comments about the status of the Jolla Tablet refunds, it’s time for a quick update. We might not have been able to answer every single question (even though we try hard) about this, so here’s the situation as of today:

After having all the process technicalities in place and getting all your information processed from the refund tool, we were able to start refunding Jolla Tablet backers during the last week of April. Since then, we have executed well over 80% of all the refunds, and the target is to complete everything by the end of May. However, some of the refunds have failed because of issues on the receivers end, like the Paypal account being closed or the funding instrument having expired. We will reach out to these people during next week. If you haven’t received your refund yet, please first make sure that your account is in order.

Using multiple payment methods – notification issue

There have been some odd cases, which we have had to deal with as well. One of them is that if you contributed/pledged with different payment methods (i.e., with a credit card and with PayPal or credit card via PayPal) you got only one refund notification from PayPal regarding the refund to the credit card contribution. For some reason PayPal does not send a notification for the refund related to the PayPal contribution.

So, if you’re wondering why the refund amount was smaller than you expected, please check first the balance on your PayPal account. It most likely will be larger than it says in the notification. If not, then the refund has not yet occurred or there has been a malfunction. We kindly advise you to get in touch with us the first week of June 2016 should you still not see an adequate refund amount on your PayPal account .

We’re now looking forward to getting this first round of refunds processed in full as soon as possible. Thanks again for your patience with this challenging project.

On behalf of the whole Jolla team,
Juhani

PS: We have another important announcement for our community coming up this week, so please pay attention to your emails, the blog and our social media updates. More about that soon!

--
Bent Laursen
Casanunda
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
52 in 48 posts
Thanks given: 321

Phone: n900, Jolla

PostPosted: Wednesday, 25.May.2016 19:20    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I can confirm I habe received my refund for first halve of the pledge.
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 03.Jun.2016 10:42    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

First refund round is closing, see blog post:

Quote:
Jolla Tablet: refund round 1 closing

Dear Jolla Tablet contributors, and other Jolla followers,

As our promised round 1 refund schedule – end of May 2016 – has now passed, it is time to update the situation. This post is intended for backers who have not yet received the round 1 refund in full.

From late April and throughout May 2016 our team attempted to refund ALL backers who provided us refund info within the allotted timeframe (16.Mar-16.April.2016). The vast majority of the refunds were done successfully, and yet some of the refund attempts failed.

All failed attempts are currently under investigation, and our aim is redo the failed refund attempts as soon as possible. We can’t give a solid timeline for this, but we anticipate that the investigation and redo of failed refund attempts will take a few weeks.

For those of you who did not receive the refund, or received only a part of it, please refer to the check-list at the end of this post.

There are many factors that might lead to a failed refund attempt (and not necessarily something Jolla can influence), therefore, we kindly ask you to help us in solving all these cases, as needed. Thanks in advance for your help!

We again apologize for the hassle and inconvenience this may cause to some of you.

On behalf of the whole Jolla team,
Juhani

If you think you did not receive the refund as you should have, please refer to the following:

1) Double check that your refund has not actually arrived.

We have used/are using two different methods to refund. And for this reason it is important to first check the Activity section in the PayPal UI.

We have been executing refunds between April 25 and May 31, so, look for transactions from us on this timeline.

For pledges where you originally paid with your PayPal account we will refund against the existing/original PayPal transaction. You can look up that original transaction and view its details.

If we have successfully refunded the amount, you should see a status “Partially Refunded”, and under “Related Transactions” see the refund we recently executed.

2) “I checked again, and there is nothing there from Jolla, or only part of it is there, now what?”

PayPal accounts are usually linked to credit cards or bank accounts (depending on the jurisdiction), PayPal calls these “funding instruments”.

If your account is linked to a credit card/bank account that you no longer have access to (it expired/got lost/is otherwise invalid), please unlink it and make sure to have a valid funding instrument linked to your PayPal account. Furthermore, kindly ensure that the email address associated with your PayPal account – with which you supplied us – is correct and active.

3) What do I do about “Unclaimed payments”?

For pledges originally paid with a credit card, we have executed a so-called Mass Payment. In this case, PayPal will send an email notification stating “Jolla Asia Limited sent you $XX.00 USD”. In most cases, one will also have a transaction with this payment amount in the Activity view, and all is well. However, in other cases, one might have received the notification but not the money (this can happen, e.g., if the PayPal account is in a different currency and is set up to not automatically convert payments in a different currency). For such cases, one needs to manually claim the payment.

To do this, please refer to the instructions in the notification email under the section entitled “Don’t see the money in your account?”.

We are aware that for some cases these instructions do not seem to apply. Should this be the case for you, you can either wait for us to help resolve it, or you can contact PayPal on how to claim the payment. Please note that if you do not claim the money within 30 days, it will be returned to us and we’ll have to send you a payment again.

4) What is going to happen in the coming days?

In the coming days we are going to retry the failed refund payments. Backers for whom these “re-refunds” still fail will be contacted in due course and we’ll update the blog about the refund status.

If after this you still have not received the round 1 refund amount for which you applied, you may contact Jolla Service & Support. Please do not contact Jolla Service & Support before that time to enquire about your refund, as answering individual requests takes away from time we would otherwise spend on resolving the systemic refund issues.

--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts

PostPosted: Monday, 26.Sep.2016 15:23    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Update on the first round of closing, see blog post:

Quote:
Closing Jolla Tablet refund round 1: final call for problem cases

If you have not received your Jolla Tablet refund from the first round, please continue reading. Others can disregard this message.

As we stated previously we have been busy investigating the remaining failing and unclaimed PayPal payments. We are as good as done but there currently are still 33 people who have been unresponsive to our attempts to contact them, as follows:
  • 16 unclaimed payments – these are payments that were made via PayPal’s Mass Payment service and have not yet been claimed by the recipient.

• 17 failed payments – these are payments also made via PayPal’s Mass Payment service, which consistently meet payment issues, e.g, payment rejected, account closed, etc.

Regarding the unclaimed payments group, we have remitted payments several times, all unsuccessfully. The most recent payment attempt will expire for the last time on 1.October.2016.

If you are among those with unclaimed payments or failed payments, please

1) check the email address provided to Jolla during the refund survey time window (16.Mar-16.April.2016).

2) follow the steps in here to see if this fixes things, and if not

3) contact us at the latest by date 15.October.2016 so we can still take appropriate action.

Or, if you know someone with unclaimed or failing payments, kindly urge them to take the steps outlined above. After 15.October.2016 we will consider round 1 of Tablet refunding to be closed, and no further 1st round refunds will be executed (other than payments already in the pipeline).

Once again please submit a request by 15.October.2016 to follow up on your refund case after which we will not longer be honoring 1st round refund payments.

--
Bent Laursen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Jolla Sailfish OS All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic