MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Billboard Standby Screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> MeeGo Harmattan
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
479 in 351 posts
Thanks given: 109

Phone: N9, N900, E90, 9300i, 9300, 9210

PostPosted: Thursday, 04.Sep.2014 18:50    Post subject: Billboard Standby Screen   Reply with quote   

Billboard has been updated to version 2.0.0 and is now open source, see thp.io. Excerpt:
    Billboard
    One of the great things about the Nokia N9 is the AMOLED screen with its low power mode. Unfortunately, it only shows the current time, and not the current date. Billboard is here to fix this - and add some more goodies along the way!

Starting with version 2.0.0 (released 2014-09-04), Billboard is now open source (GPLv3 or later).

Get Billboard

Update 2014-04-19: Billboard has been unpublished from Nokia Store, as it contained an outdated version, and it's not possible to push updates there. Instead, you can download the up-to-date version of Billboard for free here (see .deb link above).

Open Source Project
    Billboard 2.0.0 is open source under the GNU GPLv3 or later, you can find the source tarball above and also checkout the code on Github:

Community Translations
    If you want to help translate Billboard into your own language, please see the following Git repository where you will find a Qt Linguist file. Translate that file, submit it to the repository, and it will be included in the next Billboard release. Thanks Smile

Community Scripts
    A collection of useful scripts that can be used with the Billboard {script:} feature can be found at:

New in version 2.0.0 (2014-09-04)

• Open source release under the GNU GPLv3
    • Cleaned up codebase for open source release
    • Volume monitoring ({volume}, {volume-bar} and {song-volume-bar})

New in version 1.1.2 (unreleased, merged into 2.0.0)

• New translation: ru
    • Updated translation: it
--
Bent Laursen

The following users say THANKS! for this post: frene

naytsyrhc
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
41 in 41 posts
Thanks given: 114

Phone: History [/// R380s, SE P800, SE P910i, SE M600i, Nokia E71, Nokia N9], Current [Jolla]

PostPosted: Monday, 15.Sep.2014 11:29    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Some comments in openrepos state that there may be issues with 2.0.0 (reboot loop), that could only be solved by reflashing the phone.
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
479 in 351 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 08.Jul.2015 15:39    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Billboard has been updated to version 2.2.0, see thp.io. Excerpt:
    Get Billboard

Open Source Project
    Billboard 2.x is open source under the GNU GPLv3 or later, you can find the source tarball above and also checkout the code on Github:

New in version 2.2.0 (2015-07-08)

• [wolke] aegis: Add D-Bus credentials (billboardd, billboard-cli)
    • [wolke] dbus: Print message when D-Bus service registration fails
    • [thp] Releasing: Read all version numbers from debian/changelog
--
Bent Laursen
ginniec
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
5 in 5 posts
Thanks given: 15

Phone: E63, E.82, N8, N9, N900, 808, Blackberry Z10, Passport SE

PostPosted: Saturday, 07.May.2016 21:42    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Bentl, I didn't know this was developed by you. It's a fantastic app and it's still on my (now retired) N9. It makes the phone look extra special. On mine, at the top it says "The N9 rocks" in that gorgeous pink!
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
479 in 351 posts

PostPosted: Sunday, 08.May.2016 13:42    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

ginniec wrote:
Bentl, I didn't know this was developed by you.

Billboard was developed by Thomas Perl, not me.

--
Bent Laursen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> MeeGo Harmattan All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic