MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Intex Aqua Fish with Sailfish OS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Jolla Sailfish OS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts
Thanks given: 114

Phone: N9, N900, E90, 9300i, 9300, 9210

PostPosted: Tuesday, 23.Feb.2016 13:56    Post subject: Intex Aqua Fish with Sailfish OS   Reply with quote   

There are several reports from the Mobile World Congress 2016 currently underway in Barcelona about the Intex Aqua Fish smartphone running Sailfish OS 2.0, but so far no official press releases either from Intex or Jolla. Jolla with hold a press conference Wednesday and it is possible we then will know more about upcoming Sailfish OS products.

But here are a few reports of the Intex Aqua Fish smartphone:

Intex Aqua Fish, A Mid-range Affordable Beast Running Sailfish OS
http://www.jollausers.com/2016/02/intex-aqua-fish-a-mid-range-affordab le-beast-running-sailfish-os/

Intex Aqua Fish smartphone specs
http://reviewjolla.blogspot.no/2016/02/intex-aqua-fish-smartphone-spec s.html

--
Bent Laursen

The following users say THANKS! for this post: Casanunda

BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 10.Mar.2016 12:31    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

The Intex Aqua Fish smartphone will come to Russia, see Telecompaper:

Quote:
Sailfish smartphone to launch in Russia this year

Sales of the Aqua Fish smartphone powered by the Sailfish OS designed by the Finnish company Jolla are planned to start in Russia by the end of the year, reports Comnews.ru. The producer of the smartphones is the India-based company Intex Technologies. Intex director Keshav Bansal said that the first phone will be available in India from April, at a price of around USD 120, and start shipping to Africa and Latin America in the summer. Russia should follow by the end of 2016.

--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts

PostPosted: Monday, 18.Jul.2016 16:10    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Intex now has Aqua Fish pages:

http://www.intex.in/mobile/smartphone/aqua-fish/

--
Bent Laursen
MeowTseDong
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
9 in 9 posts
Thanks given: 2

Phone: Nokia

PostPosted: Tuesday, 19.Jul.2016 11:51    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Is the Intex Aqua Fish basically the Jolla C device. They look absolutely the same.
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 19.Jul.2016 12:44    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

The Intex Aqua Fish and the Jolla C are the same except for the back panel and the software. The Jolla C comes with only Sailfish OS, whereas the Aqua Fish also comes with some Intex specific apps and services.

--
Bent Laursen
MeowTseDong
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
9 in 9 posts
Thanks given: 2

Phone: Nokia

PostPosted: Wednesday, 20.Jul.2016 10:21    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

So in practice you could reflash the Intex Aqua with a Jolla C FW? Jolla C devices are really hard to come by so if you could get an Intex Aqua, you just reflash in order to get rid of the spyware [put your favorite swearword here].
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1096 in 698 posts
Thanks given: 286

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Friday, 22.Jul.2016 03:43    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:

Jolla C devices are really hard to come by

Especially for developers, whom they were intended for. Not so much for casual users of which 99,99% won't ever write Hello World.

How many new native apps appeared since Jolla sold 1200 of those "developer devices"? Two, three?
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts

PostPosted: Saturday, 23.Jul.2016 22:35    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Intex Aqua Fish has launched through eBay, see TJC:

Quote:
[Official Announcement] Intex Aqua Fish now available to purchase through eBay India

Following a slight misunderstanding around the Aqua Fish sales channels during the weekend, we can now happily confirm that Intex Aqua Fish devices are now available through eBay India.

Aqua Fish is the world's first smartphone running licensed Sailfish OS. With a Quad-core Qualcomm processor and 2GB of RAM you can have the most fluid Sailfish OS experience ever on your 5" HD screen.

We are glad to enter the Indian market through a domestic and well known smartphone manufacturing brand like Intex.

We would like to congratulate Intex and thank them for working with us creating the first ever Sailfish OS licensed device.

Cheers,

James

See also eBay UK. This must be the first time a new phone has launched through eBay.

--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts

PostPosted: Monday, 25.Jul.2016 14:23    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Jolla and Intex announce the sales start of the Intex Aqua Fish smartphone, see press release (PDF):

Quote:
Jolla and Intex Technologies (India) announce the sales start of world's first licensed Sailfish OS smartphone, the Intex Aqua Fish

Helsinki, Finland, July 25, 2016 - Jolla Ltd., the Finnish mobile company and developer of open mobile operating system Sailfish OS, announced today that it's licensing partner Intex Technologies has started sales of its first licensed Sailfish OS device Intex Aqua Fish. World's first licensed Sailfish OS product is available in online channels in India.

India's leading smartphone vendor Intex Technologies has started the sales of its first licensed Sailfish OS device Intex Aqua Fish. The Aqua Fish smartphone, developed in close partnership with Jolla, is now available for India market on competitive pricing of INR 5,499 in Ebay India and will also go live on popular Indian online stores Flipkart, Amazon India and Snapdeal in the coming weeks. The smartphone comes with all new Sailfish OS 2.0 with an easy-to-learn gesture only user interface.

The Aqua Fish smartphone features a 5-inch HD IPS display, supported by 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM and expandable memory card slot. The smartphone weighs just 150 gms and sports a sleek design which gives the handset an elegant feel. Powered with Sailfish OS 2.0, the device is operated by simple gestures designed for one hand use, providing a rich set of UI elements and creating a fascinating animated and touch-enabled user interface, and the full support of Android applications.

Mr. Sami Pienimäki, Jolla co-founder, comments: “We are very excited and proud to witness the launch of Aqua Fish, the first Sailfish OS powered smartphone licensed by a major device vendor. With Intex Aqua Fish, smartphone lovers in India will get the possibility to experience a totally new, fast and smooth user experience, and run their favorite Android apps in a totally new environment.”

“At Intex, we make sure that latest technology is delivered to the consumers at competent prices. We are delighted to partner with Jolla and launch the first mobile handset brand in the world to present a licensed Sailfish OS powered smartphone for the Indian consumers. Sailfish OS is a young mobile OS; a challenger with a lot of promise. We are confident that our consumers will enjoy the Sailfish experience on the Aqua Fish,”
stated Mr. Keshav Bansal, Director, Intex Technologies.

Aqua Fish enables multitasking in the smartest way possible, with smooth switching of apps and effortless swipe gestures for simple navigation. The handset is powered with a 1.3 GHz quad core processor, big 2500mAh battery and powerful 8MP rear and 2 MP front cameras with LED Flash to capture vivid images effortlessly. The smartphone user's can enjoy the full support of Android applications and change the phone's user interface according to the mood. Aqua Fish Smartphone with a Soft Touch finish and is available in an exciting fiery orange color.

Tailored for Indian market and all the music lovers, the Aqua Fish comes with pre-loaded super app Gaana Music in collaboration with Times Internet, India's biggest media house.

For more information about the Intex Aqua Fish product please see: http://www.intex.in/mobile/smartphone/aqua-fish/

Also see the essentially same press release (PDF) from Intex.

--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 28.Jul.2016 13:06    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

It is possible to remove all Intex specific content on the Intex Aqua Fish phone as described on TJC, see:

[How-To] Removing Intex content from Aqua Fish

--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 28.Dec.2016 21:45    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Intex has been banned from selling Aqua Fish smartphones in India, see Gadgets Now:

Quote:
Delhi High Court bars Intex from selling Aqua phones, accessories

NEW DELHI: In a major setback to Intex, the Delhi High Court barred India's second largest handset maker from selling its Aqua brand of mobile phones and accessories in the local market, acting on a trademark infringement petition filed by smaller rival Aqua Mobile.

The interim injunction was issued on December 24. It will come into force after two weeks to enable the company to dispose of its current stocks, Justice GS Sistani said, according to a copy of the order. Intex has decided to appeal the order before a division bench of the high court.

"Defendants, their directors, officers, franchisees, agents, employees, servants, and/or any other person acting for and on their behalf are restrained from using the infringing trademark 'Aqua' or any other deceptively similar trademark in respect of mobile phones/cellular phones and their accessories, till the disposal of the suit," the judge said.

The order comes as yet another shock to Intex, which has been grappling with internal management issues and falling market shares amid heightened competition.

The company now stares at delaying its fundraising and public listing plans beyond this fiscal year. At nearly 2 million phones, the Farhan Akhtar-endorsed Aqua series makes up for 90% of Intex's quarterly shipments, and implementation of the order means a crash in the company's sales.

Such a move could also severely impact Intex's position in the market, which has of late taken a hit, especially in the smartphone segment. According to market research firm International Data Corporation, Intex had fallen out of the top 5 smartphone players club in the quarter through September.

But Intex still had a strong position - with a 9.8 per cent share at the end of September - in the overall mobile phone market, thanks to large shipments of featurephones. Aqua Mobiles filed the case against Intex in 2013, claiming customer confusion on account of the use of an identical trademark by the rival, and had asked for an interim injunction.

The company claimed it had been selling "Aqua" trademarked phones in India since 2009 and had expanded into earphones, mobile chargers, USB cables and mobile batteries under the same brand. According to Aqua Mobiles, Intex adopted an identical mark in 2012, to have a free ride on its goodwill.

Intex argued that the 'Aqua' mark was arbitrary, and was incapable of distinguishing the goods of Aqua Mobiles. Therefore, Aqua Mobiles was not entitled to trademark protection, it said.

The court rejected this argument.

It said several documents including invoices, bill of entries, supplier contracts and social media entries established a strong prima facie case that Aqua Mobiles had been using the mark prior to Intex, and had therefore established goodwill.

--
Bent Laursen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Jolla Sailfish OS All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic