MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Sound Scheme for BB10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Blackberry 10 - BB10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1084 in 691 posts
Thanks given: 285

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Saturday, 01.Jul.2017 14:02    Post subject: Sound Scheme for BB10   Reply with quote   

Sound Scheme - just like sound schemes in a desktop OS like Windows - lets you add customized sound notifications to almost 40 system events. Each event can be freely enabled or disabled and you can select your own sounds for each of them.

From now on, you don't have to look at your phone to know when e.g. the battery finishes charging, when data services get enabled, when your device auto-locks or unlocks in your pocket, when you go out of your mobile network's coverage and the phone loses signal, when you enter or exit roaming, when the battery is low or empty, when there's too little free space in internal memory, and much more. You will simply hear your configured sound notification for every enabled event. It is a tiny headless service working invisibly in the background so once you configure it you can just forget about it and enjoy the notifications as if they were fully integrated with the OS. Not only fun to use but also quite helpful, e.g. for visually impaired people.

Events supported by this version include:

- Operating System Loaded / App started
- Mobile Radio Enabled
- Mobile Radio Disabled
- Mobile Network Connected
- Mobile Network Disconnected
- Mobile Data Enabled
- Mobile Data Disabled
- Roaming Entered
- Roaming Exited
- WiFi Radio Enabled
- WiFi Radio Disabled
- WiFi Network Connected
- WiFi Network Disconnected
- Bluetooth Radio Enabled
- Bluetooth Radio Disabled
- Bluetooth Connected / Disconnected (currently only a few device/connection types trigger this notification)
- NFC Radio Enabled
- NFC Radio Disabled
- Device Holstered (requires holsters with magnetic sensor)
- Device Unholstered
- Device Placed Face Down (requires "Flip To Save Power" interaction to be enabled in phone's Settings)
- Device Picked Up from Face Down
- Battery Charging Started
- Battery Charging Stopped
- Battery Full
- Battery Low (with configurable level)
- Battery Empty
- Battery Saving Mode Enabled
- Battery Saving Mode Disabled
- Internal Storage Memory Low Space (with configurable threshold and warning interval)
- Memory Card Low Space (with configurable threshold)
- Device Password-Locked
- Device Password-Unlocked
- Device Screen-Locked
- Device Screen-Unlocked
- Device PIN-Blocked
- Device PIN-Unblocked

You can allow or deny sounds in Bedside Mode.

Future updates will add Profile support, volume control and even more events.

Please see the "About" screen in the app for detailed information.

Features:

- Tiny autostarting headless service working invisibly in the background, fully integrated with the OS
- Configure once and forget about it
- Virtually no battery or CPU usage
- Almost 40 events supported in this version
- Enable or disable sounds in Bedside Mode
- Permissions used: Work In Background (required for the headless service to work), Access Shared (needed to allow selecting custom sounds).

Notes:

* The app comes with some basic sounds preconfigured. You can freely change them to any other audio files.

* If you use your own sounds, we recommend choosing short and subtle ones. Too long or too aggressive sounds can quickly become annoying.

* We recommend only choosing the events you really need to be notified about. Enabling sounds for too many events can make your phone notify you about unimportant things way too often, which you'll quickly find distrupting.

* Sometimes multiple events may take place simultaneously, e.g. when you disable the WiFi radio an active WiFi connection gets terminated at the same time (both of which can have their own sounds), or when battery charging stops at full charge. In such case usually only one of the two notifications will be heard.

Sound Scheme is now available in the BlackBerry World

Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1084 in 691 posts

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Saturday, 08.Jul.2017 01:04    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Version 1.01 has been released. Bluetooth Connected / Disconnected now works for all connection types and devices.
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1084 in 691 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 14.Jul.2017 03:06    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Version 1.1 has been released with Profile support. Now you can choose which profiles the app will be active in. Additionally, "Profile changed" event has been added so that you can setup an audible notification that will be heard when active profile has changed.

Version 1.2 will be released within a day or two, adding configurable Battery Temperature warning to notify you when temperature exceeds the chosen value.

On a different note, Sound Scheme has just been reviewed by CrackBerry:

https://crackberry.com/sound-scheme-blackberry-10-brings-customizable- sound-notifications-almost-all-os-events#RfOlzK7xQ7yXXV3m.97
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Blackberry 10 - BB10 All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic