Symbian Ltd. today announced the launch of Symbian OS v9.5
. Symbian OS 9.5 brings high performance features designed for richer consumer and enterprise experiences as well as significant savings to phone build costs and time-to-market, delivering a truly scalable mobile operating system for the global market.
Symbian OS v9.5, backward compatible with all versions of the v9 family, includes the following key enhancements:
* Higher performance for lower hardware cost
* Faster time-to-market
* Rich multimedia with advanced camera features similar to standalone digital cameras. The 35 new camera features include support for tilt sensors, preset image enhancements, panorama stitching, and red-eye reduction.
* Improved seamless connectivity to home computers and support for multi-standard digital TV (DVB-H, ISDB-T) and standardized LBS.
* Wi-Fi to 3G connection roaming
* Contacts hosted in SQL, providing better support for large database search performances
* Upgraded interoperability of calendars with Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Notes, support for Exchange ActiveSync Protocol (OTA) continues to deliver remote email, contacts and calendar synchronization.
* Brahmic script support in Symbian OS v9.5 extends Symbian OS support of languages to cover 99% of the world's countries
* Support for global standards including HSPDA, HSUPA and DVB-H as well as ISDB-T.
Read full press release @ Symbian.com
and visit this Symbian OS 9.5 introduction
for detailed information.