The Nokia 6681/6682 is a 3G-less variant of the 3G-optimized Nokia 6680 imaging smartphone. The 6681 and 6682 support GPRS and EDGE connections with speeds up to 236.8 kilobytes per second and unlike the 6680 they do not support WCDMA networks. Another difference (resulting from the lack of 3G operation and therefore no video calls support) is that the 6681/6682 only have one video camera on the back (1.3 megapixels).
The only difference between the 6681 and 6682 is that the 6681 is aimed at the European market and supports 900/1800/1900 MHz bands whereas the 6682 supports American GSM networks (850/1800/1900 MHz).
6681/6682 are based on Symbian OS v8.0 (Series 60 v2.6) and are extremely stylish and powerful smartphones that contain crucial mobile office features. They offer the fastest CPU clock of all Symbian OS phones (220 MHz) and rich software bundle.
For more information about the 6681/6682 (keeping in mind the differences mentioned above) please refer to the description of the Nokia 6680.
Nokia 6681/6682 - PROs AND CONs
- Tri-band phones
- European and American version
- very fast (220 MHz CPU)
- Very stylish and professionally looking
- 1.3 Megapixel video camera
- Integrated flash and 6x zoom
- Fast EDGE connections up to 236.8 kbps
- 262,144-color display
- Bluetooth 1.2
- Full speed USB via Pop-Port
- Push to talk with dedicated hardware button
- QuickOffice viewers
- Only about 8 MB free operating memory (RAM)