Mobiedge Radio is a podcatcher (podcasting client) that runs on an S60 mobile phone. You can use it to download, read, manage your subscribed podcasting feeds on your phone.
To solve the audio file size problem, Mobiedge Radio comes with a desktop helper application called "Mobiedge Radio Bridge". You can use Mobiedge Radio Bridge to download huge audio files via your PC Internet connection and convert them into AMR format. AMR (Adaptive Multi-Rate) is an industrial standard of audio encoding which is broadly used in today's telephone products. An audio file can be encoded into AMR format with much smaller size while keeping fairly good audio quality. For example, a 5.9Mb CBC Radio podcasting file "www_cbc_ca_quirks_media_2005-2006_mp3_qq-2005-11-05a_mp3.mp3" (64kbps mono MP3, 12 minutes and 53 seconds) can be converted into a 491Kb file in AMR, i.e. the size is reduced by more than 10 times. By using AMR converter we can make it viable for a mobile phone to support podcast which used to require more than 100Mb of memory space.
The Mobiedge Radio works in 2 modes:
- Online mode: the reader downloads subscribed feeds and/or enclosed media files from web sites via wireless data services, e.g. GPRS, so that end users can get the latest content anytime, anywhere.
- Offline mode: the reader downloads content via PC Internet connections with the help of a PC application named "Mobiedge Radio Bridge" (see the following image). The PC application also converts enclosed audio files into AMR format. Using this method end users can get bulky contents (say, more than 1MB) without paying for the wireless data service, thereby save the total cost.
- Download contents anytime, anywhere (using a wireless data service);
- Download contents via a PC Internet connection;
- Manage your subscriptions with folders on both mobile phone and PC;
- OPML file import/export;
- Convert podcast files (MP3) into AMR format to save lots of memory;
- Important notice to current Mobiedge Newspaper users
Notice for current Mobiedge Newspaper users: All functions of Mobiedge Radio has been integrated into Mobiedge Newspaper
v1.1. If you already own the Mobiedge Newspaper program, don't buy this one. Simply upgrade it to version 1.1 and register it with your original code.
Home page or Support email
Purchase full version
Average user rating
|Rate and comment on this application|
(unless stated otherwise in the program description above)
|Nokia 7650, 3650/3600, 3660/3620, 6600/6620, 7610, 6260, 6630, 6670, 3230, 6680, 6681/6682, N70, N72, N90, N-Gage, N-Gage QD, Siemens SX1, Panasonic X700, X800, Sendo X, X2, Samsung SGH-D700, D710, D720, D730, Z600, Lenovo P930 |