S60 3rd & 5th Edition section|
Find program or developer|
My-Symbian user rating: (1 votes), 1 comments(s)
Rate and comment on this application!
Best Profiles allows automatic profiles switching according to your schedule or calendar. For each profile Best Profiles allows selection of additional settings such as: backlight, sound on activate, run custom application etc.
This version is optimized for S60 5th Edition phones, including the 5800 XpressMusic and the N97.
Any user of a Nokia smartphone had experienced the following situations: while in the office, meeting or dinner suddenly your phone disturbs you. An incoming call? Not now! It's the only thing you can think about at the moment. Quite often interruption puts you into an embarrassing situation. Another example: you are lying in bed, trying to have some rest after a hard day at work, and again the phone is ringing, because you forgot to switch off "your favourite toy"... Terrible!
It is natural to expect your smartphone to be able to change profile settings automatically, for example a silent mode at night or at work. Unfortunately, the smartphone does not offer such a possibility. But there's no need to worry: Best Profiles integrates this feature into your smartphone!
Advanced profile settings: Best Profiles expand the possibilities of system profiles and let you customize additional properties for each profile. This feature offers the following options:
- Wallpaper - you can choose any picture to be shown in your Phone application (Standby screen);
- Sound on activate - allows setting a sound to play when the profile is activated;
- Bluetooth - sets Bluetooth operating mode for this profile;
- Backlight - offers the choice among the following values: "Normal" (usual behaviour), "On if charging" and "Always on";
- Run application - you can assign any application installed on your phone to be launched when this profile is activated.
Schedule rules: The profiles will be switched according to the schedule (composed in this view). You can set profile activation time on any day(s) of the week when the profile has to be switched on, deactivation time and the profile to be turned on after the deactivation of this entry. You can temporarily turn off any entry by choosing Disable. This entry will be omitted, i.e. Best Profiles will not switch to the profile indicated in this entry. The following operations can be executed on entries: add new, change, delete entry, enable or disable it. Every rule has the following parameters:
- Activate time - the time when it has to be activated;
- Condition - the day(s) of week when it has to be activated;
- Profile - one of five system profiles;
- Allow deactivate - when choosing "Yes", you can set profile deactivation time and the profile you want to activate after this one;
- Deactivate time & Restore profile - here you can define the profile that will be activated after the Deactivate time. You can select one of five system profiles or "Previous". If you select "Previous" the profile used before the Deactivate time will become active again.
Calendar rules: In this dialog you can set Calendar rules. Best Profiles works with your Calendar! If you have a meeting recorded in the Calendar, you don't have to add a line to your Best Profiles schedule. The program will automatically select the predefined profile when it finds a keyword assigned for this profile.
For example, you have a note in your Calendar about a meeting from 9.00 to 10.00 but you think that you may forget to switch your smartphone to the Silent profile. So you want your Best Profiles to switch to it automatically at 9.00 and then switch back to General (or any other) profile at 10.00. This is what you have to do in your Best Profiles: specify a keyword (we recommend enclosing it in special symbols, e.g. #meeting#). When Best Profiles finds this word or word combination you defined in a calendar entry, it'll switch to the profile you've defined for this keyword automatically.
The following operations can be executed on rules: add new, change, delete entry, enable or disable. Every rule has the following parameters:
- Keyword - this is the word you will be using in your Calendar. This word must be unique because Best Profiles scan all the notes in the Calendar looking for this word. Example: if you define the keyword work for activating Silent mode and then add to Calendar "Start work" at 9:00 and "Finish work" at 18:00, Best Profiles will switch to the Silent mode both at 9:00 and at 18:00.
To make this word unique we recommend placing it between special symbols $..$, %..% etc. E.g. #work# or %work% or !arbeit!;
- Profile - one of system profiles associated with the keyword;
- Allow deactivate - if "Yes" is selected and you have created a timed meeting in the Calendar (e.g. Start Time at 6:00 and End Time at 12:00), then the profile selected in the "Restore profile" option is activated;
- Restore profile - one of five system profiles or "Previous" profile can be selected to activate when this rule effect is over.
Charger rules: Here you can configure the profile, to which your smartphone will switch when connecting and disconnecting the charger. For example, if your smartphone is always charging at home, you can set Silent profile to activate for "Charger on" rule and General profile for "Charger off" rule.
User comments for Best Profiles for S60 5th Edition
|Name||Comment and rating|
on 2010-05-31 11:12 CET
|It's a very usefull app! I use it to change the profiles depending on GSM cells and in my car to start some apps automatically! [Rate: 8/10]
Rate and comment on this application!