SmallBase is a powerful database manager. SmallBase allows users to create multiple tables in the same database. SmallBase enhances the powerful DBMS engine from EPOC. Create your own applications in defining your database structure and operate links between items from different tables. Display important information with specific colors and activate user-defined filters to retrieve easily your data. Why use specific software for storing important data: Passwords, Credit Card information, Online Shopping Accounts? Save money: create your own safe SmallBase database and protect it with a single High Encryption Level (256 bits) password.
- Sort columns on the fly
- Sort items ascending or descending according to the selected columns.
- Change labels of each field.
- Change the color of displayed items for cells and rows according to user defined criteria.
- Define your own choice lists
- Define your own filters and Apply them on the fly.
- Users can easily change columns sizes or number of lines used in dialog boxes
Supported Field types:
- Text (255 chars max)
- Floating point
- Date and Time
- Short Memo (under 255 chars max)
- Long Memo (over 255 chars max)
- Choice List (user defined)
- Telephone numbers
- Files List
- Folders List
Active Field types:
- Some fields are 'active' fields like e.g. 'Telephone Number' which offers the ability to make a call just by selecting it.
- Open a document or start an application directly after havind stored it in a 'Files list' field.
- Browse your preferred folders directly from SmallBase through a 'Folder List' field
- Generate complex calculations with a formula field which allows users to create some mathematics combinations with existing numeric fields.
- Import data from CSV (comma delimited) files or from DBASE III, IV, V or from FoxPro.
- Merge data from other SmallBase databases.
- Export data to CSV (comma delimited) files or to HTML files.
High encryption level: SmallBase integrates 256-bit encryption engine from Peter Csutora's Encrypt-it! to protect your databases from un-wanted readers.
Files are protected with a simple password.
Linking feature: Link items easily without having to define complicated joint between tables. Each kind of data may be linked into the same table or between different tables. Selecting an item changes SmallBase mode and displays only items linked to the selected one all over tables.
Define your own applications: SmallBase can manage time and date relative filters and Colors. Users can define filters and colors applicable on date and date/time field types depending on the current date and/or time. SmallBase offers a refresh automation feature, which allows automatic updates of display without having to reopen or manually refresh the tables.
SmallBase lets users open more than one table at the same table.