Active Desk is the essential Mobile Office Manager for the Nokia 9200 Communicator, providing a central console through which all common tasks can be performed. NOW WITH IMAP SUPPORT!
- Enhance the 9200 desktop with an "Outlook Today" view of appointments, tasks, events and messages
The product is fully integrated with the key Nokia 9200 applications - including Messaging, Calendar, and Desk. Active Desk provides:
- Advanced messaging functionality through the ability to schedule the unattended sending and receiving of email. For example, create a schedule for your outgoing email to be sent and new email downloaded every morning at 7am - thus having your email ready in on your Communicator at the start of the day, and avoid the cost of peak time call charges.
- Replace the built-in Desk application with an "Outlook Today" styled view of all you most important information from the Calendar and Messaging applications.
- Advanced application launch functionality, including: interactive launching of applications and documents from a configurable list (similar to the Windows Start button); automatic launch of applications at system reset; configurable speed launch keys to quickly access frequently used applications and documents.
Active Desk is designed to be modular, allowing the user to select the components to be displayed. For example, the user can decide not to show the application launcher, and to use more of the screen space to show the task list. The Active Desk modules are:
- Message scheduler - send and receive email at a user defined time.
- Calendar and Tasks - delivering a clear, consolidated, easy to use interface with quick commands for all common calendar and task functions.
- Message summary - including the ability to create new messages (email, SMS, and fax) directly from the Active Desk interface.
- Application and document launcher - with the automatic launch of applications at device reset, and speed launch keys.
- Add advanced application launch features including speed-launch and auto-launch
- Schedule the automated, unattended download of new emails
The Active Desk Message scheduler allows the user to define one or more email download schedules. Each schedule will be automatically executed using the rules and parameters defined by the user during the creation of the schedule. For example, the user may define parameters such as maximum connection time and set a retry count in case of a communications failure. Other options include the ability to download only message headers or full message bodies, and to set a limit on the size of email to download. After creating a schedule, the mail download will proceed without any further interaction from the user. During the retrieval of mail from a server, the Active Desk Message schedule will provide a status display such as that provided below. Progress information is also written to a session log.
- Create new messages (email, SMS, fax, m-Mail) directly from the Active Desk interface
- Fully integrated with Active Mail
- Active Desk is now available in 7 European languages.