Simkin is a high-level lightweight embeddable scripting language which works with Java or C++ and XML. Simkin enables you to hand over control of part or all of your application to your users. The language has been designed to be easy enough for non-programmers to use, and easy for you to supply a simple API for them to write to. It could revolutionize the way your system gets developed - you provide the mechanism, others can decide the policy. Simkin for Java and C++ is a free Open-Source product.
Simkin has the following main features:
- Available for Java or C++ and XML
- Easy to embed - by overriding base classes or implementing interfaces
- Low runtime overhead - you control the memory, no garbage collection
- Low memory footprint - Simkin for Java is a 50k Jar file, Simkin for C++ is a 200k lib file for Visual C++
- Flexible script files - they can contain data as well as code
- Flexible Object Model - impose the object model you choose for your scripters
- Cross platform - written in standard code for Windows, Unix, Mac and more
- Source code provided - customization and support available
The following screenshots come from Simkin demonstration application for Symbian UIQ platform:
Please, visit http://www.simkin.co.uk
for detailed information and to download everything you need to start your work.