My Calcul is your calculator and nobody else's: like most other calculator applications, it has a number of function buttons, which perform specific calculations on the number entered or calculated. But unlike in most other applications, the buttons in My Calcul can be programmed by you to do exactly the calculations you want. You are free to set the name of each function button, the calculation formula behind it, and its color:
The calculation formula behind each button can take several named variables (in the example hereunder, the variables are: bill, tip_pct and guests), and an unlimited number of parenthesis:
12 buttons is not enough? You can prepare as many different pages of 12 buttons as you want, so that you can have an unlimited number of calculations stored and available at any time:
Main features of My Calc:
My Calcul is currently in beta stage and the developer is looking for beta testers. For details, please visit this thread on our Discussion Forum.
- the calculation formulae can have up to 255 characters, with an unlimited number of parenthesis and named variables. The last value of each variable is memorized within one session, and it is offered as default value when the same variable is used again, in the same formula or in another formula.
- the following functions are recognized in formulae: log, ln, factorial, sin, cos, tan, acos, asin, atan, cosh, sinh, acosh, asinh. The numbers pi and e are also recognized.
- pages can be exported in text files, which can be edited outside the application (new functions, new pages,...) and reimported in the application. Full pages can also be exchanged between phones, attached to an email or beamed via bluetooth...
- the calculator can operate in standard algebraic mode or in RPN mode (Reverse Polish Notation).
- the application is fully operational with the flip closed (P990i).