The World Factbook is the reliable and extremely popular source of information on all the nations of the world. It provides up-to-date, valuable data for more than 250 countries and territories in a concise, well-organized format wherever and whenever you want. Each country entry has its own high-resolution, full-color map and flag picture. The World Factbook also provides interesting chapters for our changing planet, oceans and parts of the world whose status has not yet been resolved (e.g., West Bank, Spratly Islands). Topics addressed include natural resources, industries, GDP, religion, ethnic groups, legal system and much more. Key data are grouped under the headings of introduction/background, geography, people, government, economy, communications, transportation, military, transnational issues. The World Factbook is a must-have application for those who possess a curiosity or concern about the rapidly changing world in which we live.
Features in a nutshell:
- Up to date: The World Factbook database is updated regularly, updates are free of charge for registered users.
- Spectacular: It contains not only all the nations of the world but interesting chapters for our changing planet, oceans and parts of the world whose status has not yet been resolved (e.g., West Bank, Spratly Islands).
- Reliable content: The database of The World Factbook is gathered and maintained by the Central Intelligence Agency.
- Fast: Fast look-ups, snappy user interface, smoothly scrolling screens and maps.
- State-of-the-art compression technology: It keeps The World Factbook as small as possible so that it fits your device memory conveniently.
- Widely accepted: The World Factbook database is used by many government agencies, businessmen, students etc. Hundreds of thousands of users worldwide.
- Advanced search capabilities: Enables you to search countries/territories by name, FIPS, ISO or internet code, perform fuzzy search and more.
- Easy-to-use: The World Factbook incorporated a powerful, internet browser like user-interface on which you can efficiently reach what you are mostly interested in. It's so intuitive that you won’t need to wade through manuals before you start.
- GUI designed for UIQ 3 devices: The user interface of The World Factbook follows the UIQ 3 style standards.